Formerly known as Ward 6, this historic 1885 building now houses the East Side Bar in the Payne-Phalen neighborhood of St. Paul. The 128-year old building once served as a tap room for the nearby Hamm’s Brewery. It features a restored antique bar as well as patina-shined pine floors, and modern lighting in a long, sunny, railroad car of a space. The exterior work consisted of excavating into a hill to create a 22-stall parking lot with a 9’ retaining wall. To meet code compliance for a prep kitchen, we excavated two feet of an existing basement. An airy patio with stamped concrete, a privacy fence, and landscaping completed the project. Flannery Construction won an Historic Preservation Award for work on this project.
VIEW ALL PROJECTS CONTACT US