Careers > Journeyperson Carpenter
Flannery Construction has an exciting opening for an experienced Journeyperson Carpenter. This full-time position offers an opportunity to apply your exceptional carpentry experience, skills and knowledge in new construction, renovation, commercial and multi-family residential. The successful candidate will have significant work experience in these settings.
REPORTS TO: Jobsite Supervisor
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES: Work in residential and commercial construction. Responsibilities may include wood and steel stud framing, drywall hanging and commercial and/or residential remodeling including cabinet installation, door and window installation and trim carpentry. Maintain a safe and positive work environment on site consistent with Flannery Construction values. Keep supervisor informed of all aspects of projects and activity.
• Contribute to the success of Flannery Construction by maintaining Company values, treating all people with respect, and maintaining quality standards in your work.
• Participate in weekly Safety meetings and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Construct wall frames, sheet floors and roofs with plywood, install cabinetry and countertops, complete interior trim work, etc.
• Work with smaller crews when remodeling occupied housing units; size of crew will vary based on demands of completion.
• Have operating knowledge of tools, equipment and vehicles necessary for job completion: generators, air compressor, hammer, drills, skill saws, circular saws, pneumatic nail gun, staplers, step and extension ladders, and levels. Use PPE including vest and steel toe boots, gloves, hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses and respirator as needed.
• Handle construction materials including sheets of plywood, lumber of various sizes, lam beams, ladders, tools, and other supplies.
• Ability to stand/walk at all times while wearing a tool belt (weights vary but average is 15#) as duties are completed.
• Ability to work off a lift or climb ladders.
• Framing tasks typically involve working outdoors.
• Knowledge of cold formed steel framing and fire-rated partitions is a plus.
• Experience in stair and roof wood framing is a plus.
• Installation of commercial exit and entry hardware.
• Assist as needed with loading and unloading construction materials and equipment from trucks at the delivery site with a rough terrain forklift. Infrequently, trusses, windows and doors are physically handled when a lift is used for these heavier items.
• Assist in daily clean up, including shoveling, sweeping, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ten years or more work experience as a Carpenter, including apprenticeship, is preferred.
• Membership in good standing in Carpenters Union or willingness to join.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to operate tools, equipment and vehicles necessary for job completion.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
ABOUT FLANNERY CONSTRUCTION
Flannery Construction has served the Twin Cities metropolitan area and western Wisconsin for 40 years. Since the company was founded in 1980, we have been committed to working together with our clients and key stakeholders to build strong communities – one project at a time.
We offer a full range of services with expertise in all sectors of the construction industry. Areas of focus are Multi-Family Housing, Commercial, Renovation, Historic, Restaurants, Healthcare, Public-Non-Profit and Sustainable/Green. Flannery Construction is a woman owned and led company.